Wednesday, July 17, 2013

[Im]patiently Waiting

Galatians 6:9

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

The art of waiting. It's always difficult, if not, the most frustrating thing we'd have to experience. I'm a self-confessed impatient person. I tend to perform impulsively, just because I'd like to get things done in a snap. I like deciding on things quickly. I like getting results quickly.

Which is probably why God continues to try and test my patience, in order to mold me into a more patient person. They say, 'patience is a virtue'...which is very hard to have. I like being in control all the time, yet He continues to push me to wait, and to just trust that everything will be okay.

Lately, this is what I've been experiencing - the art of waiting.

Waiting for positive results.
Waiting for what my calling is, career wise.
Waiting for who really is meant for me, if there is even one.

Though I would understand myself, simply because I know how much pressure I get, I know that worrying and being impatient about things won't really improve the status quo.

I've been taught lately to just be still and to know that He is starting to lay the foundation of what I know will become the turning point, yet again, in this stage in my life. Lo and behold, after months of grueling, frustrating, days and days and months of waiting, I got a response. Something that I had not expected. And just last night, another opportunity presented itself to me, and I honestly don't know what to do about it, but to grab it, whatever outcome it could give.

From what I have been experiencing lately, I'm happy that I have been tested a lot...because now I know, with the results that I'm getting, that all this, has become a great testimony of faith, of believing that God does want the best for me. Lately, I've also been feeling a sense of peace... little by little, I'm starting to not feel so alone anymore... that I'm enjoying my singlehood, by focusing my energy more on strengthening my career, and on building a good foundation for my family, most especially for my daughter.

All this that's about to change in my life excites me more than it scares me. I had no idea that in 2013, I would have a totally different view about where my life will be headed.. and I'm more than thankful that God has been there. :)

God does, and will surprise you. In the most unimaginable, unfathomable way possible. Trust me, He has done so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment