Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Big Change

For 4 years, I worked as a night shift practitioner for IBM. I worked in a routine-filled environment, always thinking that I would stay here, far longer than I expected.

The moment I graduated, I was asked to work out of necessity. I never had the time (or luxury) to take a breather, get some rest, or to have some vacation to enjoy my youth before I had to start paying for my own bills. I grew up too fast, I think, but it was because I had to help around the house. God knows we haven't been the most financially-blessed family there is.

I never mapped out my plans, what my dreams were, or what I envisioned myself to be in the next 5 years. I never had some sort of projection as to what I saw myself in.

I just needed money, and I needed it fast; so lo and behold, my sister, who was already an employee in IBM, asked me to try it out. So I did. Got hired immediately, and started before I knew it.

May 19, 2009 was my exact hire date. Started out with BMS Learning, then 2 years later, moved to L&K ILO for a year, then a year later, was moved to Brand ILO... my final team before I make this big career move.

From working in the BPO industry for 4 years, I never thought I'd switch to fashion/retail/sales/marketing. I really did not expect this. I just stumbled upon the posting in Job Street, that said "Fashion Consultant", and actually applied for it out of sheer whim. The interviews happened, and after weeks of doubting and waiting, voila.

I'm now heading the Stuart Weitzman store in SM Aura. From being a practitioner in the BPO industry, I now find myself being an instant manager and head of a team. I've also been speaking with Brand Ambassadors in preparation for our store's opening. I'm finally doing public relations, one that I actually studied for, for 4 years in Ateneo. I'm finally doing what I love the most -- speaking with people, and being able to be the fashionista that I am. And the best part is, I'm dealing with SHOES -- shoes! Shoes, which I love the most.. which is my ultimate fashion "luho", next to make up of course.

After 4 years of being a vampire, I finally get to be normal. Finally get to sleep beside Laela at night. She would finally wake up next to me, and I'll be the first person she sees when the sunlight hits our room.

All this, is such a big change -- both scary and exciting at the same time. I'm moving out of my comfort zone, and moving into something that's very new to me... I know though that somehow, things are finally falling into place.. and that God's making a way for me to have a better life.

I pray I do well, and that I succeed in this new field. I'm very excited, and hopeful, and scared, and among other things, just thankful that I was given this opportunity. A lot of responsibility has been handed over to me, but I guess they saw something in me that made me right for the position.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! :) I'm so happy for you! Yay to following your dreams and passions! :) Does that mean I get to see you around Fort now? :) hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear! :) haha yes!! I'll be there everyday na beginning on the 16th.. Kaya I was asking about condos there :> teehee. Hope we get to catch up soon! And I have yet to meet your new boyfieee. :)

    ReplyDelete