Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Roadmap to My Heart

You think I'm complicated, when in reality, I just have a list of standards that don't match yours. I enjoy flings, temporary fleeting feelings of happiness, but only to a certain extent. I know when to stop. I enjoy being wooed. I like receiving flowers. I like being able to give. Most of the time, actually.

I like to be kissed. A lot. to be cuddled. to be told once in a while that I look and smell good.

I like to hold hands. In private. And subtly, In public.

I like to be surprised. I've always wanted someone to surprise me during my birthday. I enjoy long walks. I like to be alone. So when I ask for some time by myself, please, give it to me.

I like being around guys. Not because I'm a shameless flirt, but because I'm just one of the boys like that. I enjoy drinking, but not getting wasted. I like to drown my sorrows in food and coffee; so if you'd like to cheer me up, bring me some iced white chocolate mocha, or some caramel coffee frappe with hazelnut syrup.

I can be mean, but I'm such a softy. An apology can instantly melt my heart. As long as you mean it.

I like to be needed, but not to be used.

I need you to love me as much as I love my daughter. Or even more. 

I like to be pampered, even for just a little. I've always wanted to be treated to some island getaway.

I like trying new things with people, as long as it doesn't involve eating worms or crunchy crickets. Or orgies. Or threesomes. No.

I like to pray. And to talk about God, even when I'm not the most Godly woman you'd meet -- because -- I curse. I get road rage when I drive. I have a tendency to become a backseat/passenger seat driver. I easily get pissed when I'm hormonal. I easily cry as well.

I have a crazy-ass family.

I can be quite bi-polar. One day I'm extremely optimistic, the next, I can be so sad.

I'm very expressive. I say what's on my mind, so if I end up offending you with my blunt honesty, I'm sorry.

I say sorry a lot. But I always mean it.

I like letters. Cards. And the old-fashioned way of being courted.

I'm obviously not a virgin, but please don't treat me like I'm not one. I still can be old-fashioned and wholesome.

I enjoy doing childlike things once in a while. We all need that.

I post too many pictures and videos of/with my daughter. Just because I'm her number one fan.

I will end up posting about you, should you do so well with winning me over.

I've been so used to telling myself not to fall or not to like someone, so forgive me if I become too careful at first.

I'm a package deal. You get me and my daughter, or you don't get me at all.

I want my family to like you, and you to like them. I have had it with relationships that have to be kept secret, or that have to be tweaked to match their standards.

I hope you'd be financially stable. I can't have another anchor in my life.

I miss traveling... so taking me out for a really nice vacation would really really really mean a lot.

I like to shop. So when I do, please don't pressure me to hurry up.

I love shoes & makeup. Don't stop me from buying more :)

When I tell you exactly how I feel, please don't get angry. I'd rather be straight, than to hide my emotions, and explode unexpectedly one day.

I love to sing. In the shower. More so when I drive. So when I hit a high note, and it sounds awfully wrong, just laugh at me.

I love to eat. My usual food cravings when I've hit my time of the month are Japanese food and pizza.

I love to watch movies. Re-watch movies that I love. Like Clueless, Mean Girls, White Chicks, and Eurotrip. I love to lounge around and watch my favorite TV series as well. Bring me PLL, TVD, Suits, TWD, 90210, and True Blood, any day.

I usually can't go out. So if you'd like to see me, visit me at home. :)

I will flirt. Shamelessly flirt. But only with you. :)

I need you to be completely honest, even if the truth would hurt. To be respectful, even if I'm acting like a total b*tch. To be loving, even when I'm difficult to understand. To be brave when I'm scared. To be able to accept who I was, who I am, whom I will become, and whom I'll never be. To embrace my situation fully. Tell your parents/family about me. To be so damn proud that you won me over.

I wonder where you are. I know I haven't met you yet, I think. If you do exist, I hope He intended for us to meet. I'm in no rush, but I have to admit, sometimes it does get lonely too (I'm human, sue me.) So whoever you are... here are just some of the things you need to know about me. I wonder who's actually up to the challenge. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment